The 19-20 ALPS APPLICATION for PLACEMENT in the 2020-2021 School year is now available.
Applications are due to the Teaching and Learning Department in the Jordan Auxiliary Services Building: 7905 S Redwood Road, West Jordan UT 84088
Applications Due Date: December 20, 2019
19-20 ALPS Application-English Fillable
The Spanish version is coming soon!
Goals for Gifted and Talented Programming:
• Enrichment for all students
• Critical and creative thinking skills infused into the core curriculum
• Purposeful exposure to a wide variety of experiences to build individual interest and talents
• Implementation of differentiated strategies for students whose talent and learning needs exceed the scope and pacing of the regular curriculum
• Specialized programming for those with the most critical need (ALPS)
Federal Gifted and Talented Definition
“Students, children, or youth who give evidence of high achievement capability in areas such as intellectual, creative, artistic, or leadership capacity, or in specific academic fields, and who need services and activities not ordinarily provided by the school in order to fully develop those capabilities.”
(Elementary and Secondary Education Act)