The ALPS application for placement in the 2018-2019 school year is now available.
Applications are due on Friday, December 15, 2017. Application fee is $35.00
Late Applications will be taken until Friday, January 12, 2018
Please click on the link below for more information on Jordan District Special Programs and events for Gifted and Talented.
Our Goals for Gifted and Talented:
• Enrichment for all students
• Critical and creative thinking skills infused into the core curriculum
• Purposeful exposure to a wide variety of experiences to build individual interest and talents
• Implementation of differentiated strategies for students whose talent and learning needs exceed the scope and pacing of the regular curriculum
• Specialized programming for those with the most critical need (ALPS)
Federal Gifted and Talented Definition
“Students, children, or youth who give evidence of high achievement capability in areas such as intellectual, creative, artistic, or leadership capacity, or in specific academic fields, and who need services and activities not ordinarily provided by the school in order to fully develop those capabilities.” (Elementary and Secondary Education Act)