The 2018-2019 ALPS application is now available.
Please see the ALPS tabs for the link.
Goals for Gifted and Talented Programming:
• Enrichment for all students
• Critical and creative thinking skills infused into the core curriculum
• Purposeful exposure to a wide variety of experiences to build individual interest and talents
• Implementation of differentiated strategies for students whose talent and learning needs exceed the scope and pacing of the regular curriculum
• Specialized programming for those with the most critical need (ALPS)
Federal Gifted and Talented Definition
“Students, children, or youth who give evidence of high achievement capability in areas such as intellectual, creative, artistic, or leadership capacity, or in specific academic fields, and who need services and activities not ordinarily provided by the school in order to fully develop those capabilities.” (Elementary and Secondary Education Act)