ALPS application for the 2023-2024 year is now available! Please see the ALPS tab for more information.
Mission Statement for Gifted and Talented Programming in Jordan School District:
The Gifted and Talented Department in Jordan School District is dedicated to the growth of all students and is committed to promoting:
- Opportunities for all students to extend learning, explore new experiences, and discover talents and interests.
- Targeted services for identified students, including opportunities to connect and collaborate in safe, positive, and supportive settings.
- Qualified teachers who participate in ongoing professional development and utilize researched-based instructional strategies.
- Challenging and engaging learning environments that include rigor, critical thinking, creativity, depth and complexity, problem-solving, choice, and real-world applications.
- Equitable policies and universal access for all students regardless of demographics, geography, socioeconomic status, gender, race, ethnicity, affiliation, and grade.