2017 History Day Theme: Taking a Stand in History
Please visit the following links for an updated rule book and explanation of the changes for the current school year:
2016-2017 Important Dates
- February 17, 2017 – School History Day Winners Due
- February 20, 2017 – Registration for Regional Fair Due
- March 17, 2017 – Regional History Fair
There will be no District History Day this year. All teachers will register their classroom/school fair winners for the regional History Day event. Registration information will be provided when it becomes available.
History Day provides an opportunity for students to become historians as they explore a topic related to the National History Day theme. Students express what they learn through creative and original performances, documentaries, papers, or three-dimensional exhibits. This educational program fosters academic achievement, intellectual growth and develops critical thinking and problem solving skills that will help students manage and use information now and in the future.
HISTORY DAY: STEP-BY-STEP
1. Read to Understand RULES and THEME
3. Select an ENTRY Type
4. RESEARCH the Topic
5. DESIGN an ENTRY (Documentary, Exhibit, Paper, Performance or Web Site)
- Annotated Bibliography
- Process Paper
- Online Primary Resources Examples